Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back in Santa Cruz

It seems like I have been gone forever but it only has been 3 nights. A lot of good things have happened and a lot of planning has been done.

Josefina, Marcos and I headed for The City on Monday afternoon and had dinner with Lisa and Kemmel. Lisa looks wonderful and is surviving her LAST few months in the hospital! It will be great to have them back with us and doing clinics again.

Our meeting was all day Tuesday and for a few hours on Wednesday. I feel that God has richly blessed the work of Health Talents and I think it is because the focus and the glory is His.....not ours. We are only the tools being used to reach the people.

One quick photo of some people before we started another session.

Rick had a activity for us and then we talked about how we could relate it to our work as being supervisors and also in our daily walk with God. Below is Rosario, Jessica and Marcos when they realized they were going to participate.
Josefina blindfolded Rosario and Jessica blindfolded Marcos. Josefina and Jessica shouted directions to Rosario and Marcos as they walked through a maze. They were not allowed to touch obstacles that had been placed in the way or touch the rope as they crossed the finish line.
Then we discussed the key learning points which included how important communication is. We need to intently listen to the person who is giving us direction. Hearing is not the same as listening. Others may try to help or hinder us and listening to more than one person may negatively affect the outcome. Sometimes it is beneficial to repeat directions to properly and efficiently complete a task.

After the meeting was finished, a van dropped me off in Antigua and I spent the night there. I visited Mary who fell a few weeks ago. She is now able to take short walks and she is slowly regaining her strength. I am checking into places to stay in Oct. when I will have an opportunity to return to language school for a few weeks. Antigua is expensive but I have some time to look around. It is an opportunity that I am looking forward to.




No comments: