Friday, May 2, 2008

Clinic in Choacaman IV

I just finished reading Lisa and Kemmel's blog and hate that they are having more woes........sometimes things are frustrating and not a lot you can do about it.

My woe today was a small clinic in Choacaman IV. For me, it is a heavy woe because it is two clinics in a row that we did not have many patients and I do not understand. Last clinic they said it was because of a festival and today they said it was because there was a baptism and the community went to participate in that event. They told us that they are continuing to announce the clinis so we will have to wait and see what happens in two weeks.

So, to pass the time......and wait for more patients, I studied and then Martin started asking me about learning some English. I wrote out two pages of notes for him and we reviewed it several times. I really enjoy teaching and when the students are excited about learning, it makes it even more fun.

Aura went with us today instead of Juan. She has asked me a few times if I would teach her how to drive and my response was, "Sure!" So after we returned to Quiche, I took her to a road close to my house and let her practice starting and stopping. Then we progressed down the road a little. I just wanted to make sure she was going to remain calm and not get scared and accelerate! She did very good and we will continue to practice. I drove her home when we finished.

So it was basically a quiet, uneventful day. Tonight I walked around Santa Cruz a little and then came home to study. Last night it rained very hard and it has started again tonight. I think we have entered the rainy season and we do need it.

No comments: