Saturday, May 31, 2008

Message from Aaron

People have asked about the MET program so I asked each of the students to tell a little about themselves. They are down here for 6 weeks, living with families and experiencing our clinics with us. MET is for Medical Evangelism Training and during this time, they may think about returning someday to work in medical missions.

Aaron is from Knoxville, TN. He graduated in May from Lipscomb University and majored in exercise science with a minor in biology. He is now attending the University of Tennessee in Memphis for Physical Therapy.

Fun facts about Guatemala
  • Abrazeme man (hug everyone in my family, all 15 people)
  • Line danced with my family in their kitchen

Today was so cold and windy an I feel like I am back home in the Appalachian Mountains. I got a feel for different kinds of patients. Erika is nine months pregnant and just in for a normal check-up but the mother-in-law was adamant about what needed to be done. Last night my family grew to 30 people. I love smiling at my sisters who are 13 or younger and them getting embarrassed. I love my family.

2 comments:

jmhuva said...

Aaron - It sounds like another great day. Why doesn't it surprise me that you found time to show your line dancing skills. I just finished watching Singerama DVD - picked you right out on the dancing there, too!
I pray for all of you there that God will keep you well and work through you.

Love,
Dad

P.S. - Sheri, another great job of keeping us up to date!

Anonymous said...

Aaron! I can't belive you didn't tell me about this website! Luckily your dad did! This is awesome! I love getting to read about your days and see pictures! I could look at this forever! I am glad you are having so much fun! And of course flirting with the girls! ha! I am praying for you everyday and am so proud of you!
I LOVE YOU!
- Emily

P.S. Thank you so much Sheri for doing this!