Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday in Santa Cruz

Aura and I drove to our English class and met the other people. We had 8 people in the class and that is a good number. It gives everyone sufficient time to practice and ask questions.

On our way home, I told Aura I needed to buy a stuffed bear for Carlos in the hospital since I was going to go and visit him again today. It was my mom's idea......thanks mom :) So Aura went with me and we found a cute bear and then I dropped her off in the park.

I parked the truck and started walking to the hospital. I had loaded an old Eagles CD to my Ipod so The Eagles, the stuffed bear and I made our way through Santa Cruz. I arrived at the hospital a few minutes before visiting time but found Carlos' dad, Rosendo. He told me that Carlos was feeling better and that his chest tube was not draining very much. He said that he is out of the intensive care but not sure when he will go home. I did not want to take time away from his visit, so I gave him the bear for Carlos and told him I would try and visit again in a few days.

I headed home to study for K'iche' class tomorrow night and then went to worship.

On my way home it started to rain hard! I am not complaining because they need it for the corn they recently planted. I need to trade in my Crocks. Crocks with no tread on wet pavement is not a good combination.

I am not sure if I shared this photo before but it is one of my favorite. This is Juan's dad after he translated K'iche ' for me at one clinic in Paxot II. I really must have tired his mind!


No comments: