Saturday, May 10, 2008

A day in Santa Cruz

¡El Día de la Madre Feliz! Happy Mother's Day!
Today is Mother's Day in Guatemala and tomorrow is Mother's Day in The States so I am lucky and get to celebrate it twice!

I hate to tell you what time they started celebrating here.............well, let's just say I heard the first firecrackers and sirens at 0330! When it first woke me up, it took me a minute to realize where I was. I thought it was a SWAT team in the road and then when I remembered where I was and what day it was, I then came to my senses.

I spent most of the day studying and getting things done. I realized most of my toys needed recharging so I recharged the batteries of my otoscope, camera, telephone and ipod. I spent a couple of hours studying K'iche', Spanish and my next Bible lesson. That took me into the late afternoon.

Then it was time for a Diet Coke so I walked to the store.

I saw all of my angels in the streets today and they all are doing well. I decided I wanted to take a small gift to the one that fell in January so I went to her her house to visit her for a few minutes. I invited her to go to church with me tomorrow. When she told me she is Catholic, I told her I am a Christian but she was still invited to go with me. She then asked me for directions so we will see........you never know :)

The sky was pretty tonight during the sunset....


OK, time to get back to studying............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Sheri!!!