Monday, May 5, 2008

Day of study

Today was another day to accomplish things. I submitted my first assignments to my Bible Class and started the next session. Tonight, I will begin K'iche' classes.

The children above me woke up not in the best of moods today. This is becoming a habit which I was hoping was going to be short-term. I am beginning to wonder. One of the boys chased his mother's motorcycle down the street yelling this morning and then continued screaming, I guess until he fell asleep. His mother came home for lunch and the episode of screaming repeated itself............so I took a walk.

The circus is leaving town! It is unbelievable that they have stayed this long. Today is the first time I have seen the monkey. Where has he been hiding all of this time??

I am sorry that I had to add to Kemmel's woes. The truck that we use started making an odd noise on Friday evening. I called Marcos and asked him if he would drive tomorrow and he said sure. Kemmel will be in the area on Thursday and hopefully we will be able to trade trucks.

OK, I am in for the night. K'iche' class was fun! I really enjoyed it. The last time I tried to take it, it was earlier in the evening and the timing was not good. Sometimes I arrived in Santa Cruz after the class had already started. These classes are on Monday and Tuesday nights which are perfect and the class is all adults. The last class was 10 children and me :( So, tomorrow I will take my homework and practice with the guys. I always tease them about us speaking 3 languages...........

good night
buenas noches
xok aq'ab'

No comments: