Saturday, May 31, 2008

Messaage from Kassi

My name is Kassi and I go to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. I am currently studying nursing in hopes to one day be a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I love playing soccer and actually got to play with my family last night. One more fun fact is, this is my first time out of the country and I did not know any Spanish before coming to Guatemala!

Today was a fun day. I taught two girls how to play hop scotch. They were not sure about the game. Also, I saw a woman, Maria, who is 38 years old and she came in complaining of burning and pain in the right arm and chest for one week. Lately, she stated that she has a craving for eating dirt. This desire to eat dirt is called pica and is related to a vitamin or iron deficiency. I will have to do more research on it when I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kassi, Kassi, Kassi!! It was so good to hear your voice today. I love this site and being able to hear what you all are doing. Saw that one of your group is from Knoxville. Again, what a small world!!! So glad you are with other Christians doing the Lord's work. I'm sure he is smiling down on you and your group. I am so very proud of my little princess not afraid of a little dirt and grime!! Keep up the teeth pulling and we continue to pray for you. I love you, Mom