Saturday, May 31, 2008

A day of blessings...........

Today I met everyone in Chichi and we headed to Chuchipaca. It was a very cool morning as we made the drive but I was thankful that patients were waiting for us as we arrived.

It was a good clinic with 20 patients. One man asked if we could go and see his son who was too sick to walk to clinic. He told me that he lived near Chutzurob. Now, the interesting thing about this is this is the new area we will be having a clinic next Saturday. I went and talked to Gaspar and Tomas to find out how many more patients we had. It looked as if we could visit his son so he told us he would wait at his house for us.

Most of the patients had the usual illnesses. There was nothing really unusual. Juan, from Chuchipaca, helped me with the translation. When the patients can speak some Spanish, I pray with them before they go and get their medicine......when they only speak K'iche', I ask Juan to pray.

Juan would quote many times in his prayers, Matthew 18:19-20.......
Matthew 18: 19 Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

It is a powerful reminder how powerful prayer is and the presence of God. God does answer prayer. As you will see in one of the students blogs, we were part of a moving experience as we prayed in the house of a sick lady this afternoon.

I did not get any photos of patients today......just a couple group shots.......It was cold, windy and rainy today. The first shot is of the students in the back of the truck surfing..............
Kassi, Aaron, Jordan, Brett and Melina

Another group action shot......yes, it took a few shots to get the timing down.......
Aaron, Kassi, Brett, Melina and Jordan

So, we ate our lunch real quick and then headed to the first patients house. A young man of 18 years old had been in his bed for a few days with fever. We spent some time with him and his family and then walked back to the truck to find about ten more people waiting for us. They also had a family member sick in her home with a fever and wanted us to go and visit her.

The students were up to it so this time we hiked down the other side of the mountain. The house filled up as soon as we got there. The lady was hot with fever and had been sick for a few days. I examined her and then told the family we had medicine for her. I asked Tomas to pray for the patient and the family before we left. It was a very emotional time and the prayers were powerful and heart felt.

After the events of today and I am even more excited about our new clinic next Saturday. The community and the people waiting for us had a lot of question about next Saturday. I think we will have a busy clinic and and I will be very thankful!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
This was also a great blog!!! I hope the parents know that if they click on the pictures, they will open to full screen so they can see it up close.
Love,
Mom

beckyb said...

Dear Mom,

Nope, this other mom didn't know, so thanks!!! We moms have to stick together!

Becky