Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day of education

This morning I checked Kemmel and Lisa's blog before I went to the clinic for class. I was so excited because he mentioned that Carlos had been baptized. He is the young man that I blogged about on May 8th, last Thursday. That afternoon, some of the people from the Chichi Church had gone to talk to him more about the Bible after we had talked to him in clinic. Later, he decided that he wanted to become a Christian. How wonderful!

I get asked often about how our clinics effect church growth and I am never sure how to answer that because I do not have any hard numbers. I have heard Kemmel and Rick mention numbers and it gives us an idea of how the church and the community see us. I also think that sometimes seeds of thought are planted during a consult that may take time to grow. Patients return for a follow-up visits and that gives us more opportunities. Anyway......I am so excited for Carlos and I pray that his relationship with God continues to grow and that he is able to reach out and help other people in his community.

So we had class today and discussed the different medicines that we frequently use. The guys really like discussing medicines and doses. They are to the point of keeping some medicines in their home and using them for people within their community that become sick. Many times they call me and ask me what they should do and it has been great to see them progress to this point.

So, while my mom and Aunt Linda were out horseback riding, my brother and dad were in South Carolina fishing at Santee Cooper. They go down there a couple of time a year to get lost in the swamps........just kidding......but only their GPS really knows where they are! Seriously, they do lose their razors :)

This is my dad pulling one in.......

this is my brother Mike....... in the early morning mist......
.........and Mike with his 27 lb catch! hmmmmm, I wonder what they had for dinner that night??
OK, it is time to study some K'iche and prepare for class tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thatis very exciting to hear about Carlos. He will be in my prayers, as will the rest of you!! May God continue to use you and bless you. Say hi to everyone for me!! Wish I could be there with you all!!