Monday, May 12, 2008

A day of many things......

Gaspar, Juan and I met everyone at the clinic this morning. It is usually our day off but since we did not have clinic on Saturday and needed to see Kemmel, we spent the day at Clinica Caris. It is good to touch base with everyone and know that all is well.

We received the calendar for the MET program that starts in a few weeks. There will be 10 college students down here for about 6 weeks with us. They will start with one week of Spanish School in Xela and then live with families in different communities. This program has been going on for several years and many students later return to the mission field because of this experience........as our very own Lisa and Kemmel Dunham :) So, it is an exciting time and an opportunity to help students think about what they might do with their medical profession.

The truck brake pads were replaced today and it drives very nice! The roads and the terrain are hard on the brakes......they are even hard on my shoes.......seriously, I need new Crocks every 3 months. The bottoms erode very quickly.

Tonight was another K'iche' class and it was good. He tried to teach us a song counting from 1 to 10. Past 6 is torture! Many K'iche' speaking people skip to Spanish after 4 or 5.
I am happy with 1-5........jun, keb', oxib', kajib' and job'.

Ok, that is all for today. The guys and I have an education day tomorrow and I know they are looking forward to it. They told me that they have a lot of questions and they know that I love questions!

Until tomorrow.
Hasta maƱana.
Chweq chik.

No comments: