Friday, May 9, 2008

Clinic in Xejox

It was a very good day........the guys picked me up early this morning. Juan was practicing his driving skills with Manuel, Gaspar and Maury. Tomas, Aura and Marcos were in the other truck.
We had been warned we would have a small clinic but we can always hope the predictions are wrong. We ended up with 10 medical patients and 6 dental patients.

I heard some sheep out in front so I went to see if I could get some interesting photos. As I walked by the window and peaked in, the guys had pulled out their Bibles and were studying together.

Gaspar was kind of leading the discussion but eventually everyone was adding their thoughts. They were talking about the return of Christ. So after talking on that subject for that a while, they changed subjects to the apostles. It is very interesting to talk to them.

The Bible I use the most down here is a Spanish/English translation. I still struggle with the Spanish only because it includes a vosotros form of Spanish which I did not learn in school.......but I still try and will have a chance to study more in October.

I received a photo from my mom today. She and my Aunt Linda (on the right) went horseback riding yesterday in NC. Linda lives in MI and is visiting my mom and dad for two weeks.
OK, home for the evening and studying.
I have a list of things to accomplish in the next two days. I received a message from my Bible tutor and my first assignments were passed so now I can continue to the next session.

No comments: