Friday, May 30, 2008

Clinic in Choacaman IV

We all met at Clinica Caris this morning and then headed to our separate clinics after singing a song and praying for safety.

I told the guys, Jordan and Aaron, that we would drive through a field and then we would carry our gear to the house. I don' t think they really pictured it until it happened. One said, "We are just driving through this field, wow!"

It was a small clinic, which we know happens but we make the best of it. I have blogs and a photo of each guy that will follow.

Between patients, we practiced listening to lungs and talking about different illness when you would hear these sounds. Aaron let us listen to his lungs........he was being so helpful and taking deep, deep breaths and we forgot to tell him he could exhale :)


This was a group photo before we left. Jordan is on my right and Aaron is on my left. Next to Aaron is Enrique and then Kemmel. In front are two of Enrique's granddaughters, Gaspar and Martin. Martin is married to one of Enrique's daughters. It is a very close family and they have been kind to allow us to have clinic in their home twice a month.
We enjoyed a good lunch of soup, tortillas and coke. It rained part of the afternoon and it became chilly. The soup was great timing!

We packed up our gear and headed back to Caris to wait for the other group. In Mactzul II, they had 25 dental and 18 medical patients.

Message from Kassi: Hi mom and dad! I miss and love you! I pulled 6 teeth today.

Message from Melina: Hi everyone! I pulled 5 teeth today.

Message from Brett: Hi! I pulled 7 teeth today and loved it!

Tomorrow all of the students will go with us to Chuchipaca. It should be a great day, full of adventure........and at the same time hoping that we can do or say something that will cause people to have a closer relationship with God.

3 comments:

beckyb said...

Brett, after you called I was so proud (and amazed that you could still talk!) so I called Brandon and Bryce and one of them...must have been the one with the most blonde left in his hair...asked, "Why?" I indicated that it was to help the people who needed their teeth pulled. Well, duh, your brother thought you had to get 7 teeth pulled. So, when we are all together as a family and all of you are teasing me and I am acting old, we shall remember this moment and realize that I am NOT the only crazy one in this family!!!

I love you tons! I'm praying for you all. You sounded much more relaxed, but don't get careless, either.

Sheri, thanks for the news!

Mama Sweetums (Becky)

Anonymous said...

GREAT blog and pictures Sheri!!!!!! I love those smiling faces!!!! Mom**

Anonymous said...

Hi, Melina.
You're pulling teeth while I pull weeds.
Dad