Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday in Quiche

Today we had 7 students on English class. I reviewed with them how to introduce themselves and we practiced different verbs and numbers. Their homework looked fantastic and I gave them more to complete for next week.

Well, I as I had previously mentioned, I was looking for a new adventure.......and I found it. I found an on-line Bible program though Alethenia Bible College. It is a 3 semester program and I have an on-line tutor in Europe and we will be corresponding through emails and also having conversations on Skype.

The first unit of the first semester deals with Hermeneutics or the study of scripture, the nature of God and man, The Holy Spirit, Satan and Baptism. The first page had close to a 100 links of information, books and downloads for study. I was a bit over-whelmed so I mentioned this in my email to the tutor. He said that it could be a bit daunting and told me that they had a simpler program if I wanted to change. Well, that just made me more determined to do it.

So, the first homework assignment is to take each verse of Matthew 5 and find supporting references or allusions in the Old Testament. Then I need to choose one of these scriptures and write a devotional for new Christians. hmmmmmmmm.............I will just see how this new challenge develops.

Tomorrow afternoon Marcos, Josefina and I are headed to The City. We will have dinner with Lisa and Kemmel and prepare for the next day of meeting with other Health Talent staff.

No comments: