Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Clinic in Chuguexa

I forgot to introduce you to my new English Class. We are meeting at 0900 on Sunday mornings. When the children in the area see us, I will have a separate class for them since they are so much younger and harder to entertain :)
We had a great clinic today in Chuguexa with 19 medical patients and 3 dental patients.

One lady was severely depressed because of her family situation. Gaspar and I talked to her a long time about the Church and how there is hope in Christ. Really, Gaspar does most of the talking when the patients speak K'iche'. I just throw in supportive nods, smiles and a comment here and there :) After Gaspar prayed with her, he went out and talked to Martin one of the men from the Church there. Martin then spent some time talking with her and hopefully we will see her again at the clinic in May.

It is something that we all are reminded of from time to time that this life is very short......and many times very difficult.....and if we don't have hope in Christ, it is very sad.

I had noticed that out patient exam table had lost a few bolts but had never seen them fall out until today. As you can see, this is a very simple bolt or screw.......or so I thought. How many hardware stores do you think I had to visit today before I found one???

I had to visit 14 stores before I found any! I spent an hour and a half walking from store to store and getting more directions to other stores who might have them before I found any. I was determined! The ones I bought are a little longer but I will make them work :) I will find a saw!

I found out today that we may have a wheelchair for a young man in Paxot II. There is an agency in Chichi that has some chairs, so Juan is going to go on Monday and start the application process for one. He is only 22 years old and having a difficult time walking with one crutch and a stick.

Thank you for your thoughts, emails and comments on my grandmother. She is still in the hospital and they are trying to get her pain under control before sending her home.

Tomorrow we are in Lemoa for our clinic.......


No comments: