Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Clinic in Mactzul VI

We had clinic today in Mactzul VI and Juan felt good enough to go with Maury and I. We had an uneventful drive and arrived in plenty of time. I was disappointed with the turn out and was told they had announced the clinic on the radio. We only had 6 patients today and in the two previous months had 11 and 24 patients.

I received an email today from a nurse in Springfield IL, who was in Chimaltenango for two weeks in February. During her time here, her team was able to refer 3 patients to Clinica Ezell in Montellano. One is a baby with a cleft lip, another is a lady with a hernia and another patient has cataracts. Thank you for your help!

Tomorrow, I will be meeting Jane from the States. She is down for awhile after creating baskets for children with cleft lips and palates. I will go to clinic for a little and then go and get her in Chichi. She then will spend some time in Lemoa with us.

Please check out Kemmel and Lisa's blog at www.Kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com. Kemmel gives a wonderful update on the men who are here working on water systems and chicken vaccines. They have had wonderful results from their work. I was also pleased to read that Kemmel had spent time with Tomas Sut Gonzales. He is a wonderful man! We are anxious to get Lisa back to this area. Lisa, please don't develop a love for the hospital and want to stay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri: I am Tom, your Mother and Dad's friend. I think it is wonderful what you are doing down there. I kind of envy you and when your mother and dad come down I turn green with envy. They should do as much as possible while they can. The time when you can't kind of slips up on you. I was telling your mon about Juanita's nephew who went down to Guatemala with some of their church group and we spent one whole after noon looking at pictures from there while they were here 2 weeks ago.It is amazing how little they live on. He says they are happy. We sure should take some lessons from them.
About the only thing I have ever done is when I was in my 30's I was involed with the church and they was 2 of us that would go twice each week and visit with older people in the nursing home. Well now that i think about it, we did a little more than that. The 2 of us worked at Prest-o-Lite together and we had familties that were down on their luck. He and I would put the squeeze on our friends for donotions and help out a differnt family each week besides our visit to nursing homes. I can't beleive I did all that beside working 10 hours a day and still helping out at home on the farm. No wonder my back hurts. LOL Well as your mother has probably told you, once I get started, it is hard to get me stop. Please keep up the wonderful work and I will be praying for you. Bout all I can do anymore.
Tom