Sunday, April 13, 2008

Arrival to Montellano

Gaspar, Juan and I arrived in Montellano right before worship started. My emotions are always very strong here because it is a powerful indicator to me that I am where I need to me for now. I remember so well being at Clinica Ezell my first few times and worshipping with the Church there. The singing is very enthusiastic and the congregation joins in prayer. At another time, I will share with you the message that was shared with us.

As I looked through the crowd, I recognized several people and it is always good to see them and also have the opportunity to make new friends. Neva is here and the plan is for her and her husband to join is early next year. JoLee is here from NY and Alice is here from WV. Jackie, from Canada has returned and she will visit Santa Cruz on Friday. There are also many more........

Tomasa is our patient from the Santa Cruz area. She has a large uterine fibroid that will be taken out today. Juan, Gaspar and I sat with her before her surgery and prayed with her. She and her family are unable to pay for the surgery so there is a ladies Bible class in Birmingham that is taking care of this for Tomasa. After we spent some time with her we went out to the gate and found her family to tell them that she is doing well.

Tomasa did wonderful through her surgery and the physicians were able to remove a 12 pound tumor!

We loaded up two trucks and a van and went to visit a cocoa farm. Below is a photo of Alice and her new friend, Darling. It is a very interesting tour while being able to see some of the living are outside of the clinic.
We had dinner and a devotional which was very good. I am ready to head down to the clinic to work the night shift. I will be working with Janice, Alice and Miquel. It will be a very good night.......to end a wonderful day :) Gracias a Dios!


No comments: