Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busy clinic in Lemoa

Clinic was wonderful today. I love it more and more all of the time. The patients are so appreciative and kind. When they come back for a follow-up and are doing better it is so exciting.........we always pray and thank God for the improvement.

First, we had an opportunity to follow-up with Tomasa and her mom. She is feeling so much better after having a 12 pound tumor removed at Clinica Ezell last week. Her incision looks good and she does not have any fever. When I asked her if she liked Clinica Ezell, the doctors and nurses she just started grinning and talking very fast. Her mother also expressed her gratitude for everyone at the clinic.

Below is a photo of Tomasa and then Tomasa with her mom.


Several children were sick today with colds and fevers. Two children had temperatures of 101.0 so I gave them their first dose of medicine before they left the clinic.

We had two diabetic patients whose blood sugars were better controlled.

There was a 7 year old boy who has a white film growing over his right eye. I referred him to Josefina on Monday since she has much more experience with eyes. His parents said it has been there for 10 months so hopefully she will be able to help them.

One man told me that he has an infection in his eye. He said he has had it for many years. In the past he had gone to a pharmacy and got some medicine but when it did not help, his next treatment was drops of urine in his eye. I did not think I was hearing this quite right but when I questioned Mauri for clarification, I had heard correctly. I did not opt to repeat this treatment.

Tomorrow we head for Paxot II and hopefully Gaspar will have some patients that want their teeth cleaned.

No comments: