Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Clinic

Janice, Alice, Miquel and I ended our shift about 0800 this morning and we headed to breakfast. It was a good night with eight patients and everyone progressed well. After a shower, it was time for a few hours of sleep.

I had wanted to talk to the mother of Tomasa but when I arrived in the clinic about 1400, I was told that she had already returned to Santa Cruz. I was disappointed but I know we will have an opportunity to talk later. Tomasa is continuing to do well and is having minimal pain. We also have another patient, Florencia, from our area and she too is doing well.

A few of us headed to Chicacao for ice cream. The photo is of Miquel, Anita, Jolee and Gabby with Janice kneeling in the front. I will get a better photo of Jolee later since she is returning to Santa Cruz with me for a few days.


Anita enjoying her ice cream...........we took back a huge container of strawberry ice cream for everyone to enjoy after dinner.
After dinner had settled for a few minutes we had a devotional and prayed for all of our patients by name.

There were 22 surgeries today so the recovery area will be full tonight. As we were praying, the earthquake of 6.1 hit. I have experienced several since I have been in Guatemala but this was the longest one. We continued our prayer in stride as I was thinking, "ok, this has lasted long enough...."

After our devotional, Gaspar, Juan and I went to say goodnight to our patients Tomas and Florencia. We prayed with them thanking God for his power and gift of healing and asking for continual peace and comfort.

It will be a busy night in the recovery area but we are ready for it!

No comments: