Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Grandma

When I got up this morning, I checked my computer and found an email from my parents that Grandma had died early this morning. Mom and dad were with her at that time and that is important. Tomas told me yesterday that they have been praying for her when they started their clinics.

I was very close to my grandparents. I spent every weekend with them as I was growing up and always sat with them on Sundays. Mom says that many people thought that I was their daughter. I would get to do things at their house that I usually did not get to do at home....but isn't that what grandparents are for??

Grandma was proud of my brother and I as she would tell people that we had a song leader and a missionary in our family. She was very kind to people, always wanting to give something to everyone and telling them that she loved them.

The photo below is one of my favorite at Christmas.....I just had to decorate something! Who made the rule that garland is only for trees?


So, I am sure that my grandma is in heaven and she is part of the "great cloud of witnesses" that we are told about in Hebrews 12:1. She would encourage us to continue the race, persevere and remain faithful...........for our true home is eternal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

donna was a delight..not many 95-ish year olds would send cards to folks for special occasions...not many YOUNG folks send snailmail cards to folks anymore! sally