Friday, April 18, 2008

Clinic in Choacaman IV

I walked JoLee to the bus this morning and then went to to Lemoa to get our medicine. She will meet the rest of the group in Antigua and they will return to the States in the morning. Please pray for their safe flight.

I met the guys in the park and we drove to Choacaman for our clinic. It was a very small clinic because of a festival in the community. I could hear the music playing and I wanted to go over there and advertise for the clinic. Instead, between the few patients we had, we practiced English. One lady had an elementary English book so we practiced with it and they also helped me with a few words of K'iche'.

When I see this dog, he reminds me of a Rastafarian Poodle with dreadlocks! Look at that tail and legs!

I saw Diego at the clinic today. He is the grandfather of Marta, the little girl that went to the hospital 2 weeks ago. He told me that they should have some results from her blood work on Monday.

I met Jackie in Chichi at 6pm in the hotel. We took a shuttle back to Santa Cruz and got her settled in the hotel. Everyone enjoys El Sitio, so I will keep booking people there. We then had dinner at Mi Taco Express.......another winner!

Home for the night and studying.

Tomorrow we are off to Chuchipaca. There might be some people there tomorrow to talk to us about doing another clinic in that area and I also hope to see the lady from two weeks ago with hypertension.

No comments: