Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Unplanned Day

Yesterday as Maury and I were at the wedding, I asked her how she liked her job with Health Talents. She said that she really liked it a lot. She then asked me how I liked it and I told her that I love it! I told her one reason that I like it so much is because it is always changing. No two days are alike and there is always an adventure around the corner..........

This morning as I was preparing for our class, Juan called and told me that he had been sick all night. I will spare you the details but I felt bad for him. He told me that he would call me in the afternoon to let me know how he was doing.

When I reached the clinic, Gaspar was outside cleaning. I told him Juan was sick and asked him what he thought about our class. He said that we could wait and do it when Juan felt better. So, we spent the morning cleaning and counting pills. One lady came to the clinic because she thought it was open today. I did not have the heart to turn her away so I spent some time with her.

I was then invited to have lunch with a group of men from Tennessee, who have been coming down and giving vaccines to chickens. So Gaspar and I headed to Chichi and had lunch with them and Kemmel. Gaspar's wife, Juanna, has been helping give the vaccine and tagging the chickens. Gaspar said the chickens that have received the vaccines have remained healthy and have not died. He said that usually many, many die in March and April. Gaspar will spend the day with these gentlemen tomorrow.

Juan called me back later and told me that his mother is now very sick. He thinks he will be able to work tomorrow but we will see.

I am home for the night to study different things and prepare for clinic tomorrow in Mactzul VI.

No comments: