Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday in Santa Cruz

What a fun-filled day Jackie and I had!

We went to the clinic in Lemoa and had English Class with 7 students. I am so proud of the way they have studied and they always bring back the practice I send home with them. Jackie helped me with demonstrating pronouns and then we practiced colors again. I had all of the students practice by asking each other questions. I had Manuel practice with his son Edgar. (You can see a great action photo of Edgar on March 28 being entertained by my dad.) Anyway, Manuel would ask Edgar, "What color is this?" Edgar knew one color but I would whisper the others to him and he was so excited to practice with everyone.

We then hit the market in Chichi. We had one hour to shop after lunch and Jackie can do some fast shopping! In one hour she bargained and purchased one purse, 4 pair of baby booties, two dresses, 3 table cloths and napkin sets, 4 pot holders, eye glass holders...........and there might be more, I just can't remember.

We returned to Santa Cruz in time for worship. The lesson was on the Fruits of the Spirit and he mainly focused on Joy and Love. I introduced Jackie to Josefina and her mom. Jackie will go to clinic tomorrow with Josefina.

Afterward, we walked around the park. The photo below is of the big Catholic Church in the center of Santa Cruz.
There have been some venders set up for a couple of weeks and this is of one place.
I stopped and bought some popcorn from a vender. It was a very small bag for almost $1.00
Now, I can buy a whole fresh pineapple for about the same.........it just doesn't add up! :)

No comments: