Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Warm day in Las Trampas

I met Gaspar and Juan in Chichi this morning and we talked about how warm it was already at 0830 as we were driving to Las Trampas. The sky was beautiful and there were no clouds in the sky. Usually in Las Trampas it is cool and you can see the mist or clouds being blown over the valley but that was not the case today.

We had small clinic today but sometimes that happens. It was one of those days where you hope that something was said or done to help someone. One child was 7 weeks old and only weighed 9 pounds. We gave the baby some medicine and I asked the mother to please bring him back to the next clinic because I want to be sure the baby is gaining weight. One patient was only 34 years old and has 13 children! Now, that lady has a lot of work every day!

In the photos below, big brother wanted to be sure his brothers were properly weighed so he lent a hand and then ducked from the camera :)


Today I received a telephone call from Lloyd in Panajachel. He was with Jane when she met Baby Diego. At that time, Diego was only 2 days old and was born in Solola. Jane said that Diego was sent home at birth and his mother was given little hope of his surviving because of his cleft-lip. I blogged about Diego on Monday and also have a photo of him there. Lloyd wanted to make contact and offered his assistance if we needed it in the future. His ministry is located in Panajachel and is called Solomen's Porch. Next time I am in Pana, I hope to stop by and say hello.

Thank you for all of you thoughts, prayers and emails on behalf of my Grandma's death. My parents and I really appreciate it a lot.

No comments: