Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Returning to Santa Cruz

We loaded the truck this morning for the return to Santa Cruz. The time at Clinica Ezell had been very special and it was difficult leaving. I went and said goodbye to Tomasa and knew that she would return to her home sometime today. The photo below is one of the first times I have seen her smile and I loved it!! The lady with the white hair was so appreciative and offered a hug and a blessing as we left.
This photo is of Frances from Lubbock that worked in the recovery area. Here she is helping a patient who had just been transferred from the operating room.
It was a wonderful 3 days and I learned a lot. Gaspar and Juan also enjoyed the clinic and we now have a wheelchair for a young man in Paxot II. Rick told me there were some in the bodega and I found one that I think will work well for him.
JoLee returned to Santa Cruz with us. We stopped in Chichi to let Juan and Gaspar out. We will see them again tomorrow. oh......I found out that Gaspar talked to Florencia's family about the Bible for 2 hours yesterday and has been invited to return to their home for more study.

We got JoLee settled into her room at the hotel and then I went to park the truck. I later returned to get her to walk around Santa Cruz and have dinner. She had already been out on the town and found a bank. We went to the grocery store and just looked around at different things and then went to dinner. It was very good. We were both tired so we called it an early night.

We will head to Lemoa tomorrow for clinic and then go shopping in Chichi at the market.

Please continue to pray that the patients at the clinic do well. Goodnight.

No comments: