Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clinic in Lemoa

Today, some of my friend's Pat and Al brought a patient to see Lisa in Lemoa. I have known Pat and Al since I first started studying Spanish in 2006. At that time I did not know that some day I would be living here and since then, Pat and Al have moved to Guatemala City.

Four days ago, Pat called and said that there is a lady that lives in San Pedro with a thyroid problem and she would like to see Lisa. Marta and her husband got on a bus at 0400 this morning to be at the clinic when it opened.

The case was much farther along than what I had thought but Lisa handled it very well and gave them different options that they have. Marta told Lisa that about 4 years ago she had been unable to eat and could only drink sips of water due to the large neck mass that she has. Some people prayed with her and after that she has been able to eat and to be reasonable comfortable. Lisa told them that she needs to have a biopsy of the mass and at that point we will know more.

A few weeks ago I told you about Sergio, the gardner. This is Sergio and Nakko, our living alarm system. Sergio told me that his mom is still doing well. He really keep the yard in great shape!

Tomorrow the guys and I will head to Choacaman..................another day, another adventure!

No comments: