Friday, October 30, 2009

Thursday in Xela

Today was another good class. Gerson and I studied hard but also had some fun.

In the afternoon, I was able to meet a long-time friend of my friends, Jim and Mary. Jim is a pediatrician and Mary is a nurse who worked in a near-by clinic. Their friend is Claudia, who still lives here in Xela.

Claudia met me near the park and drove me to her home. I was not aware that Jim and Mary had lived next door to Claudia and her family. It is funny how you picture things in your mind and then later when you have a chance to learn more, it is so much different than you had imagined.

When Mary and Jim were here, cell phones were not very common nor were there many land lines. Claudia and her husband had a land line and rigged a line to Mary and Jim's home so they could ring a bell if Mary and Jim had a phone call.

This is Claudia in their home.

Later her husband. Mauricio, arrived so I was able to get a photo of both of them.

It was a good day and I was thankful I was able to meet Claudia and her husband. I had heard many things about them through the years so it was nice to make this contact. I hope to have the opportunity to visit them again.


No comments: