Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday in Xela

Classes are going great but as I have told Gerson, my teacher, knowing the rule and remembering it for every day practice are two different things. He did laugh at me yesterday when I was reading and the book changed to English and I continued to try to read it as Spanish! He thought that was sooooooo funny! hahahaha! I will get him back!

This is Gerson when he is serious with me and is less than happy with my Spanish.

This is Gerson when he is happy with my Spanish.

He is a good guy and low-key. This morning our class went over 20 minutes before we realized it. This is a good sign.

I tried to find a used book store for Lisa and Kemmel today. I talked to the guy in the store but I will need to return. I picked up my laundry and then went to McDonalds to do my homework.

Elubia continues to be very kind and very helpful. It is hard to believe that a week has almost passed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheri- What is the name of your language school? We are researching language schools for our family.
I stumbled on your blog in a twisty turny way..Our dentist has volunteered for HTI and we've long been curious about Guatemala.
I enjoyed perusing your blog!
Theresa