Monday, October 12, 2009

Thursday in Montellano

As you can see, the date of the blog does not agree with the day. I was behind during the clinic and when I returned to Chichi, I did not have power or water......so it may be a little confusing.

Thursday is my favorite day in the recovery area. The patients are excited because they will be going home, they are feeling much better and the surgical load is lighter.

Katie talking to one of the patients before she leaves. Darlene will review with her the medications and when she will need to return for a post-op visit.

Valentine joking around with a patient. He has worked a few nights this week with us and he is a great help!
I visited the dental area to see how Betty was doing....................the dental group loved working with her and they want her to return! Do you hear that Betty????

I think this was the last surgery of the week...............Charlie, filling in where ever he is needed :)

During my last night shift, I worked with DeVona. We made it through the night and all of the patients did well. DeVona and her husband George will return in June for a general surgical week and she is really excited about it.

We talked about how it is hard to tell people about the work here. You want to return home and talk about it but many people do not understand........but once the person visits, they understand!

We finished the week with 63 surgeries. We always pray that something was said or done to help the patients grow closer to God.

No comments: