Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday in Xela

Today during class, Gerson took me to the top of the school so I could take some photos. He warned me not to go too far to the left of the building because the neighbors next to the school do not like it and they will throw rocks at you..........how kind :)

So this is a view of Xela.

This is the top of a large Catholic Church.

Later in the day, I walked around to find a good angle but this was the best I could do.

Then I decided to walk to the cementary. I knew I was on the right road when every store sold items needed for a funeral or a burial. The cementary was huge but not maintained as well as I thought it would be.

This is a volcano but I have not had a clear view yet. Elubia told me about a place I can go early in the morning for a pretty view. I will try and do that Saturday.

Every block is a burial spot.

It was another good day of school. It is a total different envionment than the other school I studied at. Elubia is ind and helpful. She will help and correct but is not cruel about it.

Tomorrow is another day.........another opportunity to learn.











No comments: