Sunday, October 25, 2009

Early morning Sunday

I do not have any photos to post this early but I will later. There is to be a parade and activities in the park later today.

Today for breakfast we had corn flakes and cooked bananas..................I would like to send you some but I ate them all. Sorry :(

As we eat our meals here I think of the talk show programs that use to get violent and people would fight on stage......don't jump to conclusions, we do not throw punches in Elubia's house! But as people would be yelling and ready to pounce on each other, the door bell would ring! That is how it is here. It is not uncommon to hear that ring, 4-7 times during a meal and who ever is there, is invited to eat! So, I have started asking Elubia as she heads for the door, "Who is it?" She laughs hard and says, "We will see!!"

Last night I bought colored pens. I need to write a story for class tomorrow using the 11 tenses that Gerson and I have practiced. I will use the different colors for the different tenses and make a game out of it. Gerson is like I am. He likes challenges and knows the important factor is how you approach things. This is also something my parents taught me. If you think things are hard and feel you can not master it, you will not. If you see it as a challenge and make it interesting........you are more likely to succeed. Yes, Spanish is very frustrating for me but when I can use a different tense or I recognize a word I recently have learned..................whew!!

No comments: