Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A day to study

Today I reviewed some more materials for our classes. It is amazing how quickly the time passes with clinics, classes and other things that we participate in.

Saturday, some member of South Fork Church of Christ will be here. They will participate in a surgical clinic in Montellano. I will be nice to see them and spend some time with them.

A few days ago, I mentioned a young man that had come to our clinic in Xepol and how uncomfortable he was. He has really stayed in my mind and I have thought a lot about him. I did not have my Bible with me that day since my bilingual one is so heavy. Tomas, usually has his and I was disappointed that he did not.

I really wanted to share some of the 14th Chapter of John. There are so many verses in The Bible that you can share for encouragement but this is one that I was thinking of that day.
Just some key points and thoughts of John 14...........In verse 1, Jesus tells us not to let our hearts be troubled. We are told to trust in God and to also trust in Him. Lisa and I discussed something about this one day recently. We did not think that God wants us in constant turmoil. It seems that many people are struggling with what they believe and if they are following the will of God, there is no foundation for this.

In verse 6, Jesus tells us that He is the way. The way is not in what we think it is, what the most popular trend is, what our family or friends think........it is only in Him and His teaching.
The disciples of Jesus did not understand everything and there are still things that we don't understand today........but it should not prevent us from doing what we know is right.
Christ promised that the Holy Spirit could come to comfort and that Christ would show himself to us.
John 14:15-21
If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever----the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him or knows him. But you know him for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is he one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love him and show myself to him.
What a promise that is that if we follow his commands, God will also love us and Christ will show Himself to us.
The disciples were sad that Christ said he was leaving........but in verse 28 he said we should be glad he was leaving and going to the Father. None of his promises could take place without is death, burial and resurrection. It is because of this, we have hope.
I also have hope that this young man will return to the clinic in Xepol. I want Tomas to be able to talk to him more and share the hope that we have in Christ.


No comments: