Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday in Chichi and Santa Cruz

This morning I worshiped with the Quiche Church of Christ. It was a nice ride up........very little traffic and it was very sunny.

One of my favorite guys brought the message today. He talked about the consequence of sin. It was a very good message. He began his message reading from Romans 6:23.

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I just want to emphasize that we do not have to die because of sin. We can make the decision that we want to be a Christian.......and have that promised eternal life.

There was something I was thinking about this morning. It is about how much time we spend reading scripture. I was thinking about it this morning because so few people here in Guatemala can read and it something that we in The United States usually take for granted.............myself included.

How would we feel if we lost our eyesight? What would we miss the most? I know we would miss not being able to see our family. What else would we miss? Let us not take reading The Bible for granted.

One the way home, I gave some of our patients a ride to Chichi. They live near the clinic and right now is a difficult time for them. One of the older patients is dying and of course it is hard on the other members of the family.

When I got home, I took some photos of Tomasita's flowers. She enjoys spending time in her yard.


These two flowers are on my porch.

Tomorrow, I will go to Quiche and print some more photos for our patients. I will probably have lunch up there and then spend the afternoon studying. Ah, yes...............and I still have some more tables to paint.

No comments: