Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday in Guatemala.............

Today was a peaceful day...........busy but good.

Caught up on cleaning, studied and then went to Santa Cruz to worship.

I remember the first time that it entered my mind that Christians world-wide are all participating in the Lord's Supper or Communion. It is a very important time to remember Christ's death, resurrection and return for us.

I Corinthians 11:23-26
For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."

I was in Montellano worshipping with the church there. It was in June of 2005, my first visit with Health Talents. I did not know the area nor did I did speak Spanish. I was unsure of everything, even though Lisa and Kemmel were very kind. I thought of my home congregation participating in this and also the congregation of my parents...............and then I started thinking of different countries and what a powerful bond it is among Christians.

A few months ago, when a visiting team was here we had our worship in the Santo Tomas Hotel. Before we prayed, we were asked to name the different places that we had participated in communion.

Several countries were named, different places that people had vacationed, on the seas during cruises...........and even in foxholes while military men were serving our country. It is something that Christians want to do on the first day of the week.

Christ implemented it, the New Testament Christians continued and we also should see the importance of it.

Tomorrow........another list of things to do...........

No comments: