Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Clinic in mactzul VI

I was preparing to blog last night and then the power went off at 730 pm. It had been awhile since I had posted anything and I apologize.

Someone asked me the other day if we have the modern conveniences of life here. My response was yes, we have most of them but they are not very dependable........as electricity and water.

Today, I picked up Martina and then we went to get Gaspar. We had a joint clinic with 10 medical and 12 dental patients.

I took photos of the children after clinic. Later this week I will go and make copies and return with them later in the month.

Yesterday, we had clinic in Xepocol and it was an emotional clinic. I talked to a young man who has been having severe problems for 8 years. He does not claim to be a Christian nor does he attend worship anywhere. I think he lives in constant pain. Regardless of whether his problems are psychological or spiritual in nature, they are real to him. We talked for a long time on his needing to makes some changes in his life or it is likely that he will continue to suffer for the next 8 years. He said he has thought about this and he knows it is true. I hope he will return to the clinic next month.

Gaspar and I also talked with two women who are in abusive marriages. Gaspar is really good with patients and they respect him. We also hope that these ladies will return to the clinic. These are opportunities that we want to find and act upon. These ladies and the young man above are examples of people that are hurting.............but they can find peace in Jesus.

I also had the pleasure of telling a lady, with a 5 month old baby, that she is pregnant again. I was afraid that she was going to throw something at me but she maintained her composure.

Tomorrow we have clinic in Lemoa and then a house visit................another day, another adventure!!

No comments: