Thursday, September 17, 2009

One of those days.................

It was one of those days where you want to hide in a cave when you are finished. I do not have many days like this and I am very thankful for that.

First, I ask for your prayers for Martina and her family. When I saw Martina this morning, I told her that I had photos of her sister-in-law and her nephew, who had come to clinic last Thursday. She then told me how sad everyone was. When I asked why, she told me the baby had died on Saturday morning. It is one of those moments where you do not think you are hearing right and you just are not sure what has happened. Please remember this family.

One mother brought her 8 year old daughter in for a consult. Again, there are many questions on what is the cause of the severe pain. We then suggested she go to the hospital since there are signs of physical abuse from another student at the school. The more questions I asked, the more I could tell that the mother had no idea what had happened. I hope that she gets the care and attention that she needs.

I know there are non-compliant patients all over the world.........and sometimes you just wonder, how can I better explain things that are so important? Many patients return several weeks after they have finished their diabetic medicines so you do not have an idea if the medicine is helping. Others have the ultrasound done but when they come to clinic, they leave it at the house. I am just not sure how to do it better but I will continue to try.

When I returned to the house tonight, Tomasita was working in her flowers. She knows purple is one of my favorite colors and she wanted to show me this rose.

Lisa and Kemmel are back in Guatemala! Lisa called tonight to see how we are doing and it was good to talk to her. We have prayed for their safe return and so far.........so good :)

Tomorrow, Gaspar and I will go to Choacaman.................we will have a good clinic.

No comments: