Sunday, August 15, 2010

Unmatched humility of Christ

This morning I went to Santa Cruz and worshipped with the church there. The have been studying the book of Isaiah and the humility of Christ. I do not think the love of Christ has ever been matched and I feel the same about His humility. The love and humility of Christ surpasses our minds. We may say that we understand it intellectually but we fall short with application.

They have talked about many verses in Isaiah but this is a very well known passage.

Isaiah 53:7-9 -----He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth, he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. By oppression and judgement he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living. He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence nor was there and deceit in his mouth.

For the 33 years that Christ lived, He knew what would eventually take place. He was fully aware of His death and He accepted it. Did He welcome it? No. He even asked his father that it be removed but I am sure He knew the answer because He was aware of the intense love that God has for man. His death was the only way to bridge man to God and it would be the ultimate sacrifice.

Christ practiced the utmost humility until His death. When He sat with his disciples and washed their feet, there was no impartiality. He washed everyone the same. His heart must have hurt when he approached Judas and Peter. He know that Judas would soon betray him and that later, Peter would deny him.

He knew that without His death and resurrection, there would be no hope for man.

Later, I walked around Santa Cruz a little but there was not a lot going on. This is the week of the fair. Earlier in the morning there had been a parade but then the streets returned to normal.
When I got back to Chichi, I saw my shepherdess friend. I joke around with people and say I am slowly working myself into her circle to I can be a shepherdess one day. She told me that she had not seen me for awhile so I thought that was a positive sign..........next, she will be asking me to hang out with her and her sheep for the day!! We start our conversation in K'iche' and then I quickly change it over to Spanish.

I wanted to visit the neighbor man and his family again today but do not want to bother them. I will stop by the house tomorrow.

No comments: