Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Clinic in La Palma

Today the guys and I set out for La Palma. We saw a few mudslides along the way but nothing that caused a problem for us.

I have always enjoyed the drive to this area. It is very pretty and in places you rise above the clouds. Today, it looked as if the mountains in the distance were covered by snow.

The guys pulled out their cameras and also took some photos :)

School was not in session today so it was very quiet when we arrived. Within a short time, patients began to arrive.

We had a record day of 19 patients and we were very excited.

When we were finished, Manuel told me that we were going to eat in a fancy restaurant called, "The Pines." We drove up the road and ate under some trees........................yes, they were pine trees.

On the way I confessed to the guys that I had severely scolded a parent for not bringing his children to clinic. It is the first time that I have done that and I felt bad about it...... but I felt worse for the children. Tomas and Manuel also had a confession.........they had heard me. They told me that they would have done the same thing.

We ate under the trees and enjoyed rice, beans, tortillas, salsa and orange juice.

The drive home was uneventful and we are thankful for that. When I arrived at Lisa and Kemmel's they told me that we have not had electricity since 10 am and are not sure when it will return. Hmmmmmm, it may be a night to read and sleep! Goodnight!

No comments: