Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Clinic in Chichicastenango

Today, Josefina, Tomas, Manuel and I went to Chichi for a new clinic that will be held every 15 days. Today we saw 17 patients and Tomas had 2 dental cleanings.

I saw two children from the orphanage in Chichi. One of the ladies from the church brought them to see how their health is. The lady is a very respected member in the congregation but sometimes her manerisms are a little humerous. We were talking about the youngest child and she leans over and whispers in my ear, "This boy eats his fingernails and I think he has some problems......you know, mental and emotional problems." When she pointed to her head to emphasize her comment, I snickered a little inside.

After lunch we had a few more patients come in. Between patients I heard some commotion in the street. I went out to see what was happening and a funeral was passing by. Everyone had stopped and my fear was that they had dropped the casket. For some reason, there was a lot of chatting going on, they relifted the casket and continued their walk to the Catholic Church.

My camera is recharging so hopefully, I will get some photos tomorroow. I will be going to Mactzul II with Josefina and Tomas.

No comments: