Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July...................

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Today we said good-bye to the last of the MET Students. Nate stayed one more week, I think, to study some K'iche' in Xela. He will fly back to The States tomorrow morning. I say, I think. because I have lost all concept of time. I tried telling Lisa and Kemmel tonight that we are still in June..........we are, aren't we?

Anyway, the time is flying but we spent the day doing what "good Americans" do. Lisa called and invited me to a wonderful lunch of grilled cheeseburgers, corn-on-the-cob, squash, chips/salsa and PINK lemonade. It was really good.............then we packed Nate on a van and then we headed to church.

Tuesday will the the ladies seminar and I am on track. Tomorrow will be the final editing. On Wednesday, we will have a large group here and it will be a full-busting week.

My parents will be with the group, friends Sarah and Rick and my niece, Paige. We will have clinics everyday and some additional events.

On Friday, we will have lunch with my other family in Paxot II. I am excited about everyone meeting each other. Martina, my new mom, is suppose to tell my original family about how I would never get out of bed or do what I was suppose to do.........we will see how that goes :) On Sunday, we will have an ice cream party with about 25-30 people. My parents will get to see their ABC child, Noe, again.............he has really grown! Sarah and Rick will meet their ABC child for the first time. My ABC children will be there of course..............it will be a great time!

I hear fire works, so people are celebrating!

Ok, back to preparing..............please be praying about the class on Tuesday.....that the ladies will understand and that Maury will not have problems translating into K'iche'.

That is all I have to say tonight.............good night.........

PS............Lisa and Kemmel, thank you again for lunch!

PSS.........Mom, Dad, Sarah, Rick and Paige, see you in a few days!!




2 comments:

Mom said...

Sheri,We are ALL sooooo excited about coming to see you. We just can't wait!!!!! The monkey said, it won't be long now as they cut off his tail!!!! LOL Love you!!!!

Barbara Jones said...

sent u email abt coming in Sept to help.