Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ladies Bible Class in Chichi

Today we had the Ladies Bible Class in Chichi and it went well. I thought there were 15-17 ladies there but when we gathered after class for the photo, there were less. I either counted wrong or some were camera shy and left early.

Before the class started, they presented me with an agenda and asked me if it looked ok. It was a great agenda! They had designated times for singing, praying, a snack and also lunch. They were ready for the day!

I love the enthusiasm that they had about studying. When I asked them to break up into groups to do some short activities, they jumped at! They wrote down the material they came up with and then eagerly described to the group what their answers were.

They were not excited when I asked the other ladies if they had questions for each group so I did not put them on the spot.

They participated and asked a lot of questions. They had good comments and they want to continue to study. We will have to see because the calendar stays full. Maury translated into K'iche' for me and did a wonderful job!

This was our photo after the class.

Ok, home to get other things ready for the rest of the week.............the large group will be here tomorrow.......and so will my parents, Rick, Sarah and Paige.

No comments: