Monday, May 21, 2012

Ladies Class in Mactzul II

This morning I went to Mactzul II for a ladies Bible Class.  I was real pleased when twenty-six ladies there.  One lady, Tomasa, helped us with translating into  K'iche' and she did a wonderful job.   The ladies in this congregation do not have any Bible studies so they told me that they are looking forward to us meeting on a monthly basis.  I think it will be a real good class.

One lady in the group read a scripture for us and I think that she is the only one that could read in the group.  Later on, she told me that she could read but many times does not understand what she is reading. When we remember that many women do not speak Spanish and not many people at all can read K'iche', it makes studying the Bible even more difficult.  So most women attend worship services but do not understand much of what is going on, unless the service is in K'iche'.

After our class, I met  lady that lives in Mactul I but worships in Santa Cruz.  She has been very sick so I took her some medicine.  She can speak very little Spanish but I can understand her some.  So, I am hoping that the medicine helps her.

I will return to Mactzul II in a few weeks for a ABC Class and another Bible Study with the ladies.

No comments: