Thursday, May 10, 2012

ABC Class in Mactzul I

I spent this morning running around and getting things done.  I went to buy more peanuts for the classes but my peanut-supplier moves his stand on market days.  Thankfully, people were helpful and I finally found him.

This afternoon Manuel and I went to Mactzul I for the ABC Class.  There are about 42 children in the program and everyone attended. We had about 70 in attendance and it was wonderful.  They sang the top of the church building off!  When I asked them about the class last year, their answers were very good!  I was really impressed.

Before the program even started, I had five children come to me and want me to look at their hands!  They remembered this from the last class.  This year we actually went to the pila and practice washing.  Only one child in the program needed to have their nails clipped.  I was very encouraged with the condition of their hands.

Now, this young lady is using some soap!

This young man was very particular in how he dried his hands.

After the class, Manuel did a recap of what we talked about.  Each promoter adds a special flare to the class and I enjoy this.  Manuel did a great job with the review and we could tell that the students had listened.

This sponsors of this young lady, Paulina, sent her a Bible and I was able to give it to her today.  Thank you, Rick and Sarah!  She was really excited about her gift.

Another day and another adventure!!  Tomorrow, we have a diabetic class in Lemoa.


1 comment:

Mom said...

What a GREAT pic. of you and Paulina!!!! Very nice!!!! Rick and Sarah will like it too!!!!