Thursday, May 24, 2012

Class Prep and Clinic

This morning I remained at home and started to prepare the next ladies Bible Class.  The primary focus of the class is how to be a good disciple of Christ and how to apply His teachings to our life today. In the first class, just to introduce the topic, I used John 8:31-32.

Jesus is talking to His disciples.  He tells them that if they are really His disciples they will remain in his teaching.  In the Spanish version, the word, "obey" is used.  Other versions use "maintain" or "continue in" His teachings.  So, there is a responsibility to act on His teachings to be a disciple.  Only hearing or believing His teaching are not sufficient. 

So they focus will be how apply scripture.  What will I do different in my life today to be the disciple that I want to be? 

For the next class, we will study John 13:34-35.

In the afternoon, I went to Caris to help in the clinic.  I saw a few diabetic patients, a patient with a urinary infection,  a baby that needs surgery on his palate and a patient with a cataract.

One of the patients is a diabetic who takes insulin only twice a week since she can not afford it more often.  Lisa gave me some good advice on her and then Gaspar and I spent a long time talking to her.  She will follow up with Ruben on Monday.  Her blood sugar was 365 and she is not following the diet.  We will see what happens on Monday. 

Tomorrow, we are back in Lemoa with a Diabetic Class in the morning and a Gastritis Class in the afternoon.

No comments: