Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Clinic in Xepol

This morning we all met in Lemoa before we went to different clinics.  The MET students have arrived and will be with us for a few weeks.  Part of them went with Ruben to San Jorge today, while Kelsy and Anna went with Enrique, Josue and I to Xepol.

Several months ago, the church building at Xepol was destroyed by a mud slide.  For the last three months, they have been using a metal structure to meet in.  Today, we saw the beginning of a new building.  Tomas told me that it will take two years to build.  There are only about 12 people in the church here so they do not have a lot of funding.

The supplies that they have been able to buy.

We had nine patients today.  Some of the children attached to Anna and Kelsy.

Kelsy and Anna with one of the little boys.

While I was trying to listen to patients story, this sheep was making loud noises!  I finally asked Tomas where it was coming from since it was so loud.  He was right behind me on the hill.

When we got to Los Encuentros, we stopped for lunch and then headed hack to Chichi.  I think the students enjoyed their day and they will have more adventures tomorrow!



2 comments:

Mom said...

Sheri, That sheep thought you were its shepherdist :):):)

Sheri said...

Awwwwwwww, I wish I was :)