Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Clinic in Chuguexa

This morning, I went to Chuguexa with Manuel and Josue.  We had a good clinic of 14 patients. It rained most of the morning and it was the typical cool clinic day here.

The first patient was a lady that came to the clinic last month.  She is a diabetic and her blood sugar was super high and her ankle was infected.  I gave her an antibiotic injection and also an oral antibiotic.  Her ankle looked so much better and is no longer red.  I was afraid last month that if it did not improve, she might have to lose that leg.  I was so excited for her today!

Tomas came to see us again.  His sons still have to help him walk but he said he feels better.  He has gained 10 pounds since his last clinic.  I hope he continues to improve.  

Below is the star patient for the day!  When she came to the clinic last month, her blood sugar was 500!  Today it was 137.......whew!!  How exciting is that?

We had two families with scabies today.  Hopefully, they will follow all of their instructions. 

It has rained all evening........the wet weather is upon us.  It is greatly needed so I am not complaining!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a sweet lady!!! I am so glad she is better! You stay warm and dry!!!!

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.