Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Was that Chuguexa???

Today the guys and I went to Chuguexa. We were excited to see patients waiting! This is one of the clinics that fluctuate in patient numbers. We are trying to grow this clinic and there are many patients in this area that are diabetic.

We are wanting to start some diabetic classes. I gave them some dates that they can chose from and I look forward to hearing from them.

The first three patients took quite a while. Their bloodsugars were elevated and I was showing them the new diabetic teaching sheet. After the third patient, Gaspar said, "Sheri, we have 22 patients." "Great!!!" was my response. We finished with 23 or 25 patients and all went well.

After the consult, one of the church members prayed with each patient. That helped us move things along and kept everyone involved.

It was a great day and as I said, I look forward to hearing from them on the diabetic classes.

No comments: