Saturday, May 15, 2010

Let it rain..................

Today, Kemmel was kind enough to let me take the day off. I had worked a few Mondays so this will give me a day to get some things done.

I went to have some routine labs drawn today....................in and out of the office in 15 minutes, with NO appointment! Can you believe that? No messing with insurance, paper work or HIPPA. I even received a discount because they know Lisa! I paid in cash for simplicity.........something good can be said about this system. The other day when I went for my second vaccine, I was finished in 10 minutes! The visit to the health dept. is free :)

I went and had a salad for lunch. I will be living with a family in a few weeks during the MET program and hopefully, will be getting a jump on my K'iche'. I took a book with me to lunch and studied. The guys in the restaurant are nice and do not mind me hanging out for awhile.

Finally, I have a savings account with one of the local banks here. I am excited because there is no service charge here for using the ATM. Can you believe that? No charge to get your own money?? Now, that is a new idea!

Gaspar told me a few days ago that it would rain today....................and it sure is raining. But I am not complaining! It drowns out the dogs, firecrackers, the local high school band and the guys next door playing music......................let it rain!!


No comments: