Sunday, May 30, 2010

A break in the rain!

I am laying low today. Not feeling the best but it will pass and I will be fine.

I am catching up on things........reading about the tropical storm Agatha and the mudslides that have happened. I did not know about Agatha. Yesterday, I needed to go to the clinic for a few minutes. There was one small mudslide but when I returned to Chichi, there were 2 more. A lot of damage has been done.

Lisa called me this afternoon and told me about the roads and bridges that have washed away. Many of the roads have been closed and will have to be dug out by hand. They do not have the machines that are needed to do the work.

The interns are fine! Kemmel and Lisa have been in contact with people in Paxot II. Even though we can not get to them due to the road situations, all is fine there and they are with their host families.

My only loss has been my watch. I quickly found out it was not water proof.

I will keep you posted as I find out things.

No comments: