Thursday, May 6, 2010

Look at that volcano!

This morning as I was heading to the clinic Juan called and told me that no minibuses were running today. I thought that was odd but told him I would come and get him. When I arrived in Chichi..............there sat on the curb Juan, Martina, Maury and Gaspar. They looked sad just sitting there...........

On the way to clinic, Juan told us about Pedro's son dying. Pedro is one of the men from Mactzul VI, where we were yesterday. Last night, Pedro received a call saying that his son in The States had been killed in an accident. He was in his mid 20's and had been in The States about 2 years. Another one of Pedro's sons died unexpectedly 2 years ago. Please remember this family in your prayers as they continue to suffer with grief and loss.

I have been wanting to tell you about the volcano, Santiaguito, that has erupted. You may have already heard about it erupting on April 26th. The worse eruption was in 1929, when 2,500 people were killed.

This eruption spewed ash and volcanic debris upward to 27,000 feet and has damaged some of the crops. Always something going on....................................until tomorrow!!

No comments: