Thursday, May 27, 2010

Clinic and then back to Paxot II

We had clinic today in Carris with 21 patients and 3 ladies for pap. We began our clinic with a devotion. Kemmel talked about God having a purpose for us and not being finished with that work yet. After that we went out and prayed with the patients.

For lunch today, Kemmel went and got us chicken..........it was very good. It has continued to rain all morning so we put tables out on the side of the clinic. So beginning on the left......Garrett, Kate, Maury, Lisa, Kemmel, Michelle and Andrea.

After lunch, here was some serious pill bagging going on.........Andrea, Kate and Garrett.

Michelle helped Maury fold sheets. Maury looked taller than usual.

She was standing on one of the stools.

I was sitting next to the fire this morning when Angelica told me that they were getting ready to kill the chicken (mam) and rooster (tuq). She asked me to come and see it. So, as we were standing outside her mother called her. She asked me to hold the chicken so she would see what Martina wanted. Here I am holding a chicken for the first time in m life and knowing it will be my dinner. Here comes Gaspar and he is ready to get started. So, he shows me how to hold the chicken to break the neck. There he went...................snap!! He asked me if I wanted to do the next..........I politely passed.

This morning before I left home, we had pancakes. Wow, they were great. They were small so when Martina asked me if I wanted another one, I took the third because I did not want to be rude. Well, little did I know that that was just the appetizer. Next came the scrambled egg, hot dog, salsa and tortillas. When it was time to leave, the children lined up and walked me to the road.

When I came home this evening, they were waiting to walk me back. They told me that the tuk was ready for me. It looks like an igloo and made out of adobe bricks. They add water and it is like a steam bathe.............and I loved it!! Families usually fire up the tuk every 2 or 3 days. I have decided that I am going to hop from one family to another, depending on their tuk schedule :)

I have told you that the children wrap up in their blankets about 8 pm every night..........they lay down and go to sleep.

Alejandro was being funny tonight. There are two small windows in the kitchen. One is used to toss out water or whatever is considered trash. I did not know there was a window there.
I was talking to Angelica and saw some movement out of the corner of my eye.............


He is a jokester.........................



Tonight for dinner, we had that chicken I was holding this morning. We had soup, vegetables and tamalitos. Martina gave me part of a chicken breast but I just could not eat it since there was already a huge leg in the soup. I am afraid that I offended her but I could not hold any more....whew..................................

In bed at 8 pm...........and yes, it is still raining hard................non-stop since Tuesday.

No comments: